RSU 63 (Clifton, Eddington, and Holden) is currently seeking applications for a Cook at the Holden Elementary School and Holbrook Middle School. This is a shared temporary position: Breakfast at Holden Elementary School and Lunch at Holbrook Middle School.
Current CHRC (Criminal History Records Check) required
Serve Safe certification required (or willing to be trained)
Pay: $13.25 - $17.75 per hour
20-25 hours per week
Start date: ASAP - June 8, 2021
QUALIFICATIONSThorough knowledge of preparation, cooking, serving, and baking of a large variety of foods on a large scale, particularly for school lunch.Knowledge of nutrition and food values.Thorough knowledge of sanitation methods used in food preparation.Must be “Serve Safe” Certified.Able to lift 30lbs. JOB GOALA Cook is responsible for general cooking in a school kitchen, the preparation and serving of school meals, and the cleaning of kitchen areas and equipment. Work is performed in cooperation with the Lead Cook. Performance Responsibilities
- Participates in the preparation of school lunches adhering to menus and food guides.
- Participates in the cleaning of dining areas, serving lines, and kitchen.
- Operates standard cooking equipment such as ranges, mixers, food choppers, etc.
- Arranges tables, washes dishes, utensils, trays, and equipment.
- Participate in at least 6 hours of annual training.
- Performs related duties as required.
Applications will be accepted until a suitable candidate has been found.
All applicants must submit a RSU 63 Support Staff Application, resume, current references, and credentials to Susan M. Smith, Superintendent of Schools, 202 Kidder Hill Road, Holden, ME 04429. Applications are availabe for pick-up at the Central Office, online at www.rsu63.org, or by calling (207)843-7851.
RSU 63 is an Equal Opportunity Employer