RSU 23 Food Service Attendant- District Wide Floater (anticipated)- 3 hrs/day
Located a ½ mile from the Atlantic Ocean and 15 minutes from Portland, RSU 23 is a 700 student, three-school district seeking a Part Time Food Service Attendant - Floater position. The successful candidate should possess the following:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Valid CHRC Fingerprinting Certification.
- Working knowledge of proper food service safety and sanitation procedures.
- Ability to understand and follow food preparation instructions.
- Possess ability to properly and safely operate kitchen equipment.
- School food service experience preferred.
- Participate as a member of the Food Services production team and take part in the preparation of food, meal service, and cleanup.
- Willingness to learn to cashier and use Nutrikids POS software.
- Maintains daily records of food production as needed.
- Ability to follow direction from Kitchen Manager and Food & Nutrition Services Director.
- Ability to complete physical work and lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and complete assignments in a timely manner.
- Ability to communicate with both co-workers and students.
- Maintain personal cleanliness and kitchen cleanliness.
- Ability to work with a variety of foods and preparation methods.
- Ability to remain flexible as work location may change by day between all three district schools.
RSU 23 is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.
Citizenship, residency or work visa required, Current and valid CHRC:: https://www.maine.gov/doe/cert/fingerprinting
Qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview
Contact Kati Glencross, HR Manager if you have any questions regarding the online application process. 207-934-5751 x1925