Cabin Counselor - Camp Alsing
Camp Alsing is an overnight summer camp in Maine for kids, ages 9-15, with high functioning autism and other social communication challenges. We help campers expand their boundaries in a traditional camp environment.
At Alsing, we we have high expectations of our staff, and in return, we commit to providing staff with solid training and the opportunity to have a transformative summer experience that will impact them both personally and professionally.
Being a camp counselor is exhausting and incredibly rewarding. Counselors are both mentors and role models for campers. They live in a semi-private area of the cabin with a co-counselor, near their group of approximately 8 campers. Counselors eat meals with the campers, travel to activities with and guide campers throughout the day.
Training and Experience
- Some experience working with school-age children with high functioning autism/asperger’s required
- Summer camp experience preferred
- Creating a fun, exciting environment of activities and learning that inspire community, flexibility and growth.
- Uses training provided by Camp Alsing to help children grow in their social abilities and skills.
- Facilitate the development of a connected, engaged cabin group
- Manages, with assistance from the other camp leaders, the daily schedule of activities for camp.
- On-site for the 2 week camp session, July 9-23, 2017
- Participation in 2-3 day on-site staff training prior to camp session.
Room and Board provided, salary commensurate with experience. Internships and field work opportunities available.
To apply, click here: http://campalsing.com/counselors/apply/
For questions contact Camp Director, Emily Chaleff, firstname.lastname@example.org, 207-805-4155