Central Office Bookkeeper/Secretary – Part-time
This 28-hour per week position will be responsible for all phases of accounts payable and payroll/human resources and provide varied administrative and clerical support to the Superintendent, Business Manager and Principal. Applicants must have bookkeeping experience, maintain a high level of ethical behavior, be able to handle confidential information, and demonstrate the ability to interact with the public, staff, students and community in a friendly, warm manner.
- High School Diploma
- Three years or more bookkeeping experience, including payroll and accounts payable processing
- Working knowledge of Maine Public Employees Retirement System
- Knowledge and practical experience in Microsoft Word, Excel and Google Docs
- Proficiency in office procedure, keyboarding, office equipment operation, computer and computer software
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work with independently, be self-motivated, and work cooperatively with other personnel
- Hold a valid State of Maine Criminal History Record Check approval
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accounts Payable:
- Provides primary responsibility for all phases of accounts payable processing including: vendor file maintenance, invoice and payment requisition processing, check issuance and remittance, 1099 record maintenance and accounts payable records management. Maintains property management records, and performs purchase order and encumbrance control. Provides effective communication regarding accounts payable issues with vendors and staff.
- Payroll/Human Resources:
- Provides primary responsibility for all phases of payroll including processing bi-weekly payrolls, entering payroll data in to system database, verifying accuracy of figures, processes employee benefit elections and on-boarding of new hires.
- Administrative and Clerical Support to Central Office and Principal
- Provides comprehensive and varied administrative support to the Superintendent, Business Manager, and Principal to assure smooth, efficient and accurate operation of the central office for maximum positive impact on the educational system.
- Assists with calendar year-end and fiscal year-end processing, supporting the annual financial audit as needed.
- Works with Principal and school staff to in a collaborative manner
- Completed application
- Resume/Cover Letter
- 3 current letters of reference
- Criminal History Record Check
Applications may be found online at drinkwaterschool.org and can be sent to Principal Todd Martin