Accounting Manager for Westbrook School Department
TITLE: Accounting Manager
QUALIFICATIONS: 1. Education: Minimum of Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Education, or related fields
- Successful background and skills in accounting and management
- Minimum of 3 years experience in field(s) relating to school finance or accounting.
- Demonstrates high level of proficiency, accuracy, time management, and organizational skills
SUPERVISED BY: Superintendent of Schools
SUPERVISES: Accounts Payable Specialist
JOB GOAL: To assist the Superintendent of Schools in managing the financial operations of the school department in a fiscally responsible manner in order to provide outstanding educational opportunities with available financial resources.
- Oversees the management of the financial affairs of the schools
- Collaborates on preparation and administration of the general budget
- Establishes and supervises a program of accounting adequate to record in detail all financial transactions and prepares periodic reconciliation of general ledger, journal and subsidiary accounts, accounts receivable and accounts payable, encumbrances, DTF accounts, and bank and investment account statements
- Monitors finances, implements budget control systems, and makes recommendations for budget management.
- Maintains record of expenditure and revenue
- Collaborates on special projects
- Oversees all grant and special fund revenue and expenditures including accountability reports for grant and special fund overseers, billing, and receiving
- Collaborates with Director of Operations, Assistant Superintendent, Director of Special Services, and Director of Human Resources as part of Senior Leadership Team.
- Collaborates with district Leadership Team and prepares and presents financial reports for schools, departments, and programs
- Collaborates with grant and special fund overseers in understanding allowable expenses, applications, reports, and timelines.
- Provides the Superintendent with a report twice each month on the status of the accounts
- Prepares reports for Finance Committee and School Committee, City Finance Department and City Council, Maine Department of Education, and federal government
- Arranges for and presents the annual audit to the School Committee
- Attends all regular school committee meetings as well as special meetings that concentrate on financial issues
- Develops clear lines of communication and collaborates with municipal departments
- Performs other duties that may be assigned by the Superintendent of Schools.
The Westbrook School Department, in their continued effort to go green, would prefer that any applications be emailed to email@example.com
If you choose to email your application materials it is recommended that you send it as a single document in the order in which you prefer the interview team to review your application.
Submit cover letter, Westbrook employment application (located on our website, westbrookschools.org), current resume including 3 references, transcripts and copy of certification. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Address requested material to:
Peter J. Lancia, Ph. D., Superintendent of Schools
Application deadline: When suitable candidate is found