SPRUCE MOUNTAIN SCHOOL DISTRICT
Regional School Unit No. 73
Special Services Education Technician II at Spruce Mountain Middle School
Candidate will assist & support teachers in the targeted behavioral/instructional support of special needs students within the RSU special services program. Candidate will provide individual or small group support in various school settings dependent upon student needs within the special education and regular education environments. Candidate must be able to demonstrate the ability to serve students with a variety of educational, developmental, behavioral, and physical needs. Candidate will carry out behavioral and instructional interventions under direct and indirect supervision of teacher(s). Candidate may also be assigned to carry out non-instructional duties including bus supervision, and will provide appropriate levels of student supervision for the various duties as assigned.
- Valid Ed Tech II (or higher) Authorization from the Maine Dept. of Education.
- Maine DOE Criminal History Records Check approval.
- Prior experience working in an educational environment with special needs children preferred.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively in a team environment and to maintain effectiveness in a changing environment.
- Ability to maintain appropriate level of ethical behavior & diligently maintain confidentiality regarding student information.
- Ability to perform essential functions and duties as outlined in Ed Tech job description
All interested candidates must submit an Ed Tech / Secretary application, cover letter, resume, certification documents and three letters of reference to:
Superintendent of Schools
9 Cedar Street, Livermore Falls, ME 04254
Email submissions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: when suitable candidates are found
E. O. E.