The YMCA of Southern Maine's Northern York County branch is seeking Childcare Associates for our Preschool program.
1. Plan, implement and participate in programs in accordance with the policies and philosophy of the YMCA.
2. Create and implement an age-appropriate curriculum that encourages all areas of development including: physical, emotional, social, cognitive, etc.
3. Completes necessary Incident and behavioral reports on students; provides daily feedback and reviews with parents as required.
4. Completes student profiles and observations regularly as required.
5. In conjunction with the Supervisor, ensure your classroom meets all applicable licensing standards
6. Notify Supervisor immediately of any problems or concerns
7. Follow all HEPA and 5-2-1-0 Let’s Go guidelines regarding the Healthy Living operation of your classroom.
8. Enforce all safety rules and ensure a safe environment in the classroom.
9. Maintain cleanliness and organization in the classroom and within the facility.
10. Provide age appropriate materials for classroom and rotate quarterly (where applicable.)
11. Continually evaluate the needs of all children and adjust accordingly.
12. Complete all work in a timely manner thoroughly and satisfactorily.
13. Attend required training and meetings including, but not limited to monthly staff meetings and required training hours as determined by supervisor and DHHS/Accreditation Standards.
14. Other duties as required.
• Ability to effectively communicate in person and on the phone with all levels of employees, members, parents, children and school personnel.
• Effective interpersonal skills, with a customer service focus.
• Ability to work independently as well as within teams.
• Possess attention to detail with excellent organizational and decision-making skills.
• Extremely reliable, dependable, and punctual
• Ability to take initiative and self-motivated.
• Meet Licensing standards for childcare centers.
• One year of experience working in age-appropriate childcare related position.
• Must be 18 years of age.
• CPR and First Aid Certification (within 3 months of hire).
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.