Full Time Residential Instructor (female)
Application Posting Date: Wednesday, August 13, 2019
Application Closing Date: Until suitable candidate is found
Position Start Date: As soon as available
The primary responsibilities of a Residential Instructor are to:
a. Work and live with students in grades nine through twelve in a residential setting to foster and
maintain a healthy and home-like environment in the MSSM residence hall.
b. Develop and implement recreational opportunities that include a variety of games, sports, cultural
events, movies, crafts, dances, outdoor activities and life skills.
c. Ensure a safe and secure environment.
d. Be a positive role model for the student body.
e. Be approachable and caring.
f. Provide an environment conducive to learning and academic pursuits.
g. This position consists of 5 consecutive working days per week involving office coverage,
programming and on-call shifts.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a related field.
- Age 21 or older.
- Valid driver’s license and a clean driving record (school bus license a plus).
- Ability to plan, organize and lead general indoor/outdoor activities.
- Experience in outdoor activities and leadership development is a plus.
- Ability to lift and carry 40 pounds.
- Ability and desire to work positively and productively with teenagers.
- Willingness to take on varied tasks that support the program.
- Flexibility while working to meet the needs of our students.
This is a full time, live-in position. Compensation includes highly competitive hourly wage with health
benefits, campus room and board, and paid summers off.
If you are interested in this position and meet the eligibility requirements,
please complete and return the appropriate MSSM application for employment (non-teaching)
https://www.mssm.org/about/employment-opportunities a cover letter, resume, and three letters of
recommendation to email: firstname.lastname@example.org or fax at 207-325-3340 ATTN: Tracy Moore with Full
Time Residential Instructor in the Subject Line.