TO APPLY : www.lewistonpublicschools.org
- Cover Letter
- 3 Letters of Reference
- Copy of Transcripts
- Maine Certification
Salary: $36,300 TO $63,888
Summary: The School Counselor serves as a member of the school’s Social Emotional Learning team within the Response To Intervention (RTI) framework. The School Counselor supports a broad range of social-emotional needs to best position students for academic success.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Other duties may be assigned.
- Analyze student data to Identify and support school-wide needs related to social-emotional learning
- Implement/facilitate researched informed interventions in large group, small group, and individual settings
- Collaborate with and support general education teachers in the delivery of core tier 1 SEL curriculum
- Attend RTI meetings and identify level of support needed for students
- Identify and develop accommodations and resources for students and teachers and assist in drafting and implementing individual behavior plans
- Prepare and follow up on referrals to outside agencies
- Engage in restorative work with students, families and classrooms
- Engage families in RTI process and problem-solving
- Respond to, evaluate, and make recommendations for students in crisis
- Develop and facilitate professional development for staff
Qualification Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
Masters Degree in school counseling, counseling or social work
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Valid Elementary Teaching Certificate with School Counselor Certificate or Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW, LMSW-cc, LCPC, LCPC-c)