Position Description – Program Director, reports to Camp Director
Camp Alsing is an overnight summer camp in Maine for kids, ages 9-17,
with high-functioning autism and other social communication challenges. We help campers expand their boundaries in a traditional camp environment.
The Program Director, one of three senior staff members, works in closely with the Camp Director and the Clinical Directors to create a supportive and successful camp environment, and is responsible for helping to design, train and implement Camp Alsing’s Activity Program. The Activity Program includes the daily schedule of activities that build campers’ skills in socialization, flexibility, risk-taking and most importantly, having a great time. The Program Director is focused on Camp Alsing providing an engaging, fun environment where campers grow, learn and realize personal and social growth.
Preferred Training and Experience
Experience working with populations with special needs, preferred
Previous experience at summer camp, preferred.
- Creating a fun, exciting environment of activities and learning that inspire community, flexibility and growth.
- Supervises staff in leading program activities through training, guidance, modeling and supervision.
- On site from the orientation through the end of camp.
- Develops, with assistance from the other camp leaders, the daily schedule of activities for camp.
- Helps develop and implement the staff training.
- Maintains and manages master schedule of staff assignments and activities.
- Identifies camper self regulation and ADL independence goals and contributes to parent reports on progress.
- Contributes to staff evaluations
- Other duties as assigned
Room and Board provided, salary commensurate with experience. Internships and field-work opportunities available. Supervision by onsite Occupational Therapist, Speech Language Pathologist and Pediatric Psychiatrist, MD.
Dates: June 25-July 31, 2019
Location: Unity, Maine
www.campalsing.com - Please apply through http://campalsing.com/counselors/apply/
Camp Director, Emily Chaleff