Old Orchard Beach High School
Anticipated Opening: High School Guidance Counselor (Endorsement #075)
Located a ½ mile from the Atlantic Ocean and 15 minutes from Portland, Old Orchard Beach High School is a 225 student comprehensive high school seeking a full-time Guidance Counselor to join our team. The successful candidate should possess the following:
- Maine Guidance Counselor Certification 075
- Current and valid CHRC
- Collaborates with parents, teachers, administrators, community leaders and other stakeholders to promote and support student success
- Possess a strong understanding and knowledge of the physical, social, emotional and educational needs and characteristics of high school students.
- Willingness to collaborate with colleagues and share best practice
- Demonstrated ability of supporting the academic, social, and emotional needs of high school students students of varying needs
- Familiarity with student information systems (ie. Naviance, PowerSchool, Common App)
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to integrate technology to enhance instruction
- Experience with test coordination (SAT, ACT, Accuplacer and Advance Placement exams)
- Interest in participating in the school community outside of the guidance office.
- Works collaboratively with student service providers including our school social worker, school psychologist and nurses to positively affect student success
- Deep understanding of district, state and national student standards and competencies, including ASCA Student Standards that may complement and inform the comprehensive school counseling program
RSU 23 is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview
Contact Kati Glencross, HR Manager if you have any questions regarding the online application process at 207-934-5751 x1925