Job Title: Director of Business and Finance
Position Start Date: Immediate Opening
- BA/BS from an accredited college or university
- Demonstrated leadership ability in working with staff and the general public
- At least three years successful experience in a financial leadership capacity
- Experience in educational finance is preferred
- CHRC approval from the Maine Department of Education
The Director of Business and Finance will report to the Superintendent of Schools and be responsible for the organization, management and implementation of comprehensive business, financial and investment initiatives for our district. The Director of Business and Finance will be a member of the senior leadership team that oversees the day to day operations of the district, as well as the long-term plans and goal setting for the district.
Strategic Financial Leadership:
- Manages and direct the annual operating budget of $40 million. Plan and prepare forecasts of the financial condition of the district. Report to the Superintendent and the Board of Directors on the present and future financial operations of the district.
- Initiates / facilitates the development of metrics to assess financial performance in critical areas and make data informed decisions.
Legal and Regulatory:
- Manages all financial legal matters and work closely with district’s attorneys.
Business and Fiscal Management:
- Supervises the personnel in the Accounting and Payroll Department.
- Assists in the preparation and administration of the budget.
- Assumes responsibility for long-range financial planning.
- Develops and administers a program for purchasing supplies and equipment.
- Purchases, by competitive bidding, informal quotations, and negotiation, items of supply and equipment necessary for the operation of the school district.
- Prepares all bidding documents, including notice to bidders, instruction to bidders, specifications, and forms of proposal.
- Maintains an up-to-date inventory of school capital assets.
- Oversees district purchasing, invoicing and billing for accuracy.
- Supervises the preparation, development and maintenance of all appropriate records and reports.
- Assists with all construction projects and finance accounting for these projects.
- Establishes and supervises a program of accounting adequate to record in detail all money and credit transactions.
- Supervises all accounting operations.
- Acts as payroll officer for the district.
- Supervises the collection, safekeeping, and distribution of all funds.
- Manages the district’s insurance programs.
- Administers a budget control system for the district.
- Acts as advisor to the Superintendent on all questions relating to the business and financial affairs of the district.
- Assists in recruiting, hiring, training, supervising, and evaluating all clerical, financial, and support staff personnel.
- Arranges for the internal auditing of school accounts.
- Interprets the financial concerns of the district to the community.
- Performs additional duties as assigned by the Superintendent of Schools.
- RSU 18 offers a dynamic and supportive work environment, competitive salaries and a generous benefits package.
RSU 18 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. RSU 18 ensures equal employment opportunities regardless of race, creed, gender, gender identity, color, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or disability. RSU 18 has a policy of active recruitment of qualified minority teachers and non-certified employees. Any individual needing assistance in making application for any opening should contact the Department of Human Resources.
Deadline: when qualified candidates are found
Location: Central Office - RSU 18
Additional Information - Contact:
41 Heath Street
Oakland, ME, 04963
(207) 465-7384, ext. 2658
Please visit www.rsu18.org for more information and to complete the online application.