Job Title: Assistant Indoor Track & Field Coach
Date Available: Immediately
Application Instructions: Scarborough Public Schools does not accept paper applications or supporting materials. All applications and supporting materials are to be completed via Frontline Applicant Tracking at www.applitrack.com/scarborough/onlineapp
- Previous experience playing and/or coaching Track & Field at the high school level or higher
- First Aid & CPR/AED certification.
- Maine Department of Education valid fingerprinting and CHRC approval.
- NFHS Fundamentals of Coaching Principles Certification or Acceptable Equivalent
- NFHS Heat Illness Prevention Certification
- NFHS Concussion in Sport Certification
- NFHS Sudden Cardiac Arrest Certification
- Other sport specific certifications as directed by the athletic administration
Reports To: The Athletic Administrator and the department of athletics as well as the Head Varsity Track & Field Coach, who provides overall objectives, direction, and final evaluation.
- To instruct athletes in the fundamental skills, strategy and physical training necessary for them to realize a degree of individual and team success. At the same time, the student shall receive instruction that will lead to the formulation of moral values, pride of accomplishment, acceptable social behavior, self-discipline and self-confidence.
- Ensure and provide the safest possible competitive & educational environment for all student-athletes involved.
- Assist in the overall development of the Scarborough High School's Track & Field program as assigned by the Varsity Head Coach and the Department of Athletics.
- Abide by the Scarborough High School Athletic Departments Coaches Handbook
- Abide by all Maine Principals Association rules and regulations
- Follow and implement all rules and policies within the school & athletic handbooks
- Help Head coach w/ Equipment inventory & management
- May need to communicate travel arrangement & schedule with Athletic Department staff
- Implement school athletic Code of Conduct
- Make sure roster and students comply with AD’s office
- Ensure athletic participation fee payment by athletes in conjunction with AD’s office
- Help in the distribution of team rosters, contest schedules and descriptions of contest locations to all players and parents
- Properly communicate with students and parents as it relates to the SHS communication guide
- Monitor athlete attendance/behavior/academic status as communicated by the athletic department
- Communicate all student-athlete injuries to the Athletic Trainer and/or athletic office
- Attend all school Athletic Department meetings as assigned by the Athletic Director
- All others as assigned by the Director of Athletics and the Athletic Department & the Head Track & Field Coach
Maine State Law requires ALL school employees to be fingerprinted and pass a Criminal History Record Check (CHRC). A copy of your CHRC MUST be uploaded as part of your application to be considered. For more information about Maine’s Criminal History Record Check (CHRC) requirements, please see the Maine Department of Education website at https://www.maine.gov/doe/cert
Application Deadline: Until a suitable candidate is found.
About Scarborough Public Schools
Located on the scenic coast of Southern Maine, six miles southwest of Portland, Scarborough Public Schools provide services to students from kindergarten to adult education practicing its philosophy of offering quality education for all eligible members of the community. Students learn in a positive atmosphere where dedicated educators strive to meet individual student needs throughout the school year and beyond.
Scarborough Public Schools are committed to all students becoming college, career, and civic ready through student-centered learning. Using our Student Centered Learning focus, decisions in planning instruction and in the continuous improvement of our schools are made with students’ needs and interests as our primary consideration.
For more information on Scarborough Public Schools, please see our website at www.scarboroughschools.org