Summer Day Camp Director - Seasonal Position
Twelve weeks - June 17 - August 23 with one additional flex week
The Camp Laughing Loon Day Camp Director position offers a unique and rewarding leadership role for an inspiring, dynamic individual. As the lead camp administrator you would assume responsibility for the development, implementation and promotion of engaging camp programs and activities for campers as well as the hiring, training, and supervision of camp staff. One additional perk of the job is free housing in a rustic cabin is on the beautiful shores of Little Ossipee Lake in East Waterboro, Maine.
- Background in education, camp administration or related degree
- Camp administrative or supervisory experience
* CPR certification
- Integrity, patience, adaptability, a sense of humor, enthusiasm, and a commitment to serve youth.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Applicants must be 21 years of age or older
- Board of Directors
- Camp Liaison
* Assume responsibility for the operation of the camp, health and safety of campers and staff.
- Interview, hire and train staff and volunteers.
- Set and supervise procedures and scheduling for camp operation to ensure quality and consistency of the camp program.
- Plan, organize, and coordinate activities to reflect camp goals and objectives. Observe activities on a regular basis providing written and oral feedback to help staff provide high-quality activities.
- Foster an environment of responsibility and respect by example.Train, motivate, support, share insights and ideas with staff and support and connect with campers.
- Provide a positive atmosphere for developing morale and well-being among the camp family. Use positive and constructive methods of camper and counselor guidance, while ensuring that all staff does the same.
- Ensure that all safety regulations, protocols and procedures are being followed.
- Communicate and engage effectively with campers, parents, staff, and community members.
- Maintain and review records and evaluations of all programs, operations, staff, and facilities.
- Manage inventory and purchase and distribute supplies.
- Provide weekly hours to payroll company, make bank deposits and collect the mail
- Update social media sites
- Attend evening board meetings twice a month and communicate regularly with the camp liaison.
- Prepare an evaluation and summary of current season including inventories, staff evaluations, camper records, and recommendations for the following season.
** This is an overview of the position. Some duties may be reassigned and other duties assigned as required.
Please send resume to Camp Laughing Loon, Box 201, East Waterboro, Maine 04030
Email : email@example.com