We are seeking preschool Ed Techs III at our CDS Aroostook site in Presque Isle. Local travel may be required.
We have one opening for a 40 hour per week, calendar year position, working with children ages birth to two. Experience working with young children and their families, using the Early Start Denver Model of service delivery (ESDM), is preferred.
We have another opening for a 20 hour per week, academic year position working with preschool children with disabilities ages 3-5.
Please indicate your preference when applying.
Child Development Services now offers a new, competitive salary and benefits package, including State of Maine Medical Insurance.
Pay range for CDS Ed Tech III is $14.53 - $20.95 per hour, depending on experience.
Permitted Performance Responsibilities
The CDS Special Education, Education Technician III will:
- Exhibit a positive professional attitude with supervisors, co-workers, students, and community.
- Maintain confidentiality of all student and employee related information.
- Meet with program supervisor on a regular basis to share information and discuss student progress.
- Review and reinforce learning previously introduced by the teacher(s).
- Assist in the preparation of classroom materials and class management functions.
- Introduce new learning, pre-planned in collaboration with the Teacher of Children With Disabilities.
- Exhibit positive language and behavior skills as a model for children and families.
- Provide input to completion and maintenance of individual observational child assessment.
- Conduct one-on-one or small groups with indirect professional supervision.
- Supervise small groups of students in community-based programs.
- Any other appropriate duties the Site Director/Supervisor deems necessary.
- Perform short-term instruction in small classes or in community-based programs with indirect supervision
- Meet with the Teacher of Children With Disabilities or appropriate contact area specialist and receive direction at least on a twice weekly basis.
- Obtain and maintain authorization as an Ed Tech III with the Maine Department of Education
- Document three years of postsecondary education or a combination equivalent to 90 hours of approved study in an educationally related field
- Successful background, criminal records, fingerprinting and reference check
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
- Working knowledge of child development, disabilities, family systems and special education methods
- Ability to interact with a wide variety of people
- Ability to provide individual and group services in a variety of settings and models
- Ability to establish an effective rapport/relationship with children and parents
- Ability to work collaboratively as a member of an early childhood team
- Ability to effectively communicate, orally and in writing
- Ability to maintain composure in stressful situations
- Ability to adapt therapy techniques to varying personalities and environments
- Ability to travel to a variety of locations to deliver services
- Ability to motivate young children
A complete application consists of a resume, completed employment application (on CDS website) cover letter, three professional letters of reference, and license and certification information. Persons applying for Case Manager, Therapist, or Teacher positions must provide a copy of transcripts, including grades, from all colleges / universities attended.
Submit Application to:
Lori Whittemore, Site Director
985 Skyway Street
Presque Isle, ME 04769
Child Development Services serves the early intervention and special education needs of Maine's children birth to age five. We have over 350 employees, a large network of contracted providers and currently serve over 3,500 children ages 0 top 5 years.
CDS consist of 10 principal sites throughout Maine with several satellite offices.
This posting is being offered by an equal opportunity employer.