This is a 40 hour per week, calendar year position with our CDS York office in Arundel.
This person will work with infants and toddlers ages birth to two diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder, and their families. Local travel is required. The successful candidate should have some familiarity with the Early Start Denver Model of services for young children with autism.
Child Development Services now offers a new, competitive salary and benefits package including Maine State Employee medical coverage.
PLEASE NOTE: This position will not begin work until January 1, 2020.
Pay range for CDS Ed Techs III is $14.53 - $20.95 per hour, depending on experience.
Permitted Performance Responsibilities
The CDS Special Education, Educational Technician III will:
- Exhibit a positive professional attitude with supervisors, co-workers, students, and community.
- Maintain confidentiality of all student and employee related information.
- Meet with program supervisor on a regular basis to share information and discuss student progress.
- Review and reinforce learning previously introduced by the teacher(s).
- Assist in the preparation of classroom materials and class management functions.
- Introduce new learning, pre-planned in collaboration with the Teacher of Children With Disabilities.
- Exhibit positive language and behavior skills as a model for children and families.
- Provide input to completion and maintenance of individual observational child assessment.
- Conduct one-on-one or small groups with indirect professional supervision.
- Supervise small groups of students in community-based programs.
- Any other appropriate duties the Site Director/Supervisor deems necessary.
- Perform short-term instruction in small classes or in community-based programs with indirect supervision
- Meet with the Teacher of Children With Disabilities or appropriate contact area specialist and receive direction at least on a twice weekly basis.
- Obtain and maintain authorization as an Ed Tech III with the Maine Department of Education
- Document three years of postsecondary education or a combination equivalent to 90 hours of approved study in an educationally related field
- Successful background, criminal records, fingerprinting and reference check
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
- Working knowledge of child development, disabilities, family systems and special education methods
- Ability to interact with a wide variety of people
- Ability to provide individual and group services in a variety of settings and models
- Ability to establish an effective rapport/relationship with children and parents
- Ability to work collaboratively as a member of an early childhood team
- Ability to effectively communicate, orally and in writing
- Ability to maintain composure in stressful situations
- Ability to adapt therapy techniques to varying personalities and environments
- Ability to travel to a variety of locations to deliver services
- Experience with preschool aged children preferred
- Ability to motivate young children
A complete application consists of a resume, completed employment application (on CDS website) cover letter, three professional letters of reference, and license and certification information. Persons applying for Case Manager, Therapist, or Teacher positions must provide a copy of transcripts, including grades, from all colleges / universities attended.
Submit Application to:
Lisa-Kay Folk, Site Director
39 Limerick Rd.
Arundel, ME 04046
Child Development Services serves the early intervention and special education needs of Maine's children birth to age five. We have over 350 employees, a large network of contracted providers and currently serve over 3,500 children ages 0 top 5 years.
CDS consist of 10 principal sites throughout Maine with several satellite offices.
This posting is being offered by an equal opportunity employer.