This is a 40 hour per week, calendar year position at our CDS Downeast site in Ellsworth. Local travel may required.
Child Development Services now offers a new, competitive salary and benefits package, including Maine State medical insurance.
Salary range for this position is $46,862 - $72,696, depending on experience.
REPRESENTATIVE TASKS include, but are not limited to:
- Ensures that the therapist’s role within Child Find process is explained to parents.
- Ensures that intake information is elaborated upon and elicits additional information from parents.
- Ensures that parents receive answers to their questions.
- Ensures that parents receive accurate information in a timely manner.
- Specific to the speech therapy domain, ensures that parents receive accurate explanations of the results of the child’s assessment.
EVALUATION AND ASSESSMENT:
- Establishes rapport with children served.
- Conducts observations in the natural or LRE environment as ordered by the IFSP/IEP team.
- Gathers and reviews documentation specific to the child’s developmental history.
- Conducts interviews with parents to obtain information when specific to the child’s required developmental history and selects and administers assessment and other evaluation materials that are not discriminatory as ordered by the IFSP/IEP team.
- Determines the child’s level of functioning and expresses that in a summary of evaluation results and diagnostic impressions in an evaluation report provided for the IFSP/ IEP team.
RECORDKEEPING AND REPORT WRITING:
- Ensures that a written evaluation that comports with Chapter 101 is completed in a timely manner.
- Contributes goals to the IFSP/IEP team and short term objectives where appropriate.
- Writes and maintains required reports for therapy to meet MaineCare and other regulatory requirements.
IFSP/IEP TEAM PARTICIPATION
- Ensures that evaluation findings are reported to the IFSP/IEP team.
- Assists the IFSP/IEP team with goal development based upon assessment results.
EARLY INTERVENTION OR SPECIAL EDUCATION AND RELATED SERVICES:
- Provides speech therapy services as specified by the IFSP/IEP.
- Communicates with CDS Case Managers and other providers through the course of a child’s IFSP/IEP.
BILLING DOCUMENTATION (INSURANCE AND MAINECARE):
- Requests prescriptions and authorizations for referrals as required by CDS.
- Ensures proper billing to third parties, in accordance with CDS practice.
- Any other appropriate duties the Site Director deems necessary.
- State of Maine Speech Therapist License (required if position is billing MaineCare)
- Maine Department of Education Certification 293 (allowable for non-MaineCare billing)
- Successful background, criminal records, fingerprinting and reference check
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
- Masters Degree in an appropriate field of study
- Working knowledge of child development, disabilities, family systems, and special education methods
- Ability to interact with a wide variety of people
- Ability to provide individual and group services in a variety of settings and models
- Ability to effectively communicate, orally and in writing
- Ability to maintain composure in stressful situations
- Ability to adapt therapy techniques to varying personalities and environments
- Ability to establish an effective rapport relationship with children and parents
- Ability to work collaboratively as a member of an early childhood team
- Ability to travel to a variety of locations to deliver services
- Ability to treat and motivate young children
A complete application consists of a resume, completed employment application (on CDS website) cover letter, three professional letters of reference, and license and certification information. Persons applying for Case Manager, Therapist, or Teacher positions must provide a copy of transcripts, including grades, from all colleges / universities attended.
Send Application to:
Denise Howell, Site Director
190 Bangor Rd.
Ellsworth, ME 04605
Fax: (207) 664-0461
Child Development Services serves the early intervention and special education needs of Maine`s children birth to age five. We have over 400 employees, a large network of contracted providers and currently serve over 3,500 children ages 0 to 5 years.
CDS consists of 10 principal sites throughout Maine with several satellite offices.
CDS is an equal opportunity employer.