TechHire Dedicated Position- Job Description
Eastern Aroostook Adult and Community Education, RSU#39 has recently become a CompTIA A+ training provider for TechHire participants. Through a contract with the State Office of Adult Education, EAACE will deliver CompTIA A+ Academies. To accomplish the contract goals, a dedicated TechHire position will be added. This dedicated TechHire position will work regionally with partners to market and recruit for each of the CompTIA A+ Academies. They will also work with their local TechHire Navigator to streamline and support the intake and enrollment process, monitor participants progress throughout the training and report on training results at the end of each cohort. The TechHire position will participate in specific TechHire projects and meetings as needed. This position is a project funded position and will end when the funding for the TechHire grant is closed. This will be a part-time (20hrs/wk.) position as long as funding sources remain in place.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee intake for each TechHire CompTIA A+ Academy enrollment including ensuring that necessary assessments (CASAS, WOWI and IC3) have been completed and shared with navigator.
- Conduct outreach and marketing to fill each of the CompTIA A+ Academies. Including initiating and managing communication with potential TechHire participants, employers, service providers, constituent groups, government officials, and general public.
- Plan, conduct and address meetings, seminars and orientation sessions in order to disseminate CompTIA A+ Academy information
- Attend all TechHire partner meetings, events, workshops and conferences.
- Monitor progress of each participant enrolled in the CompTIA A+ Academy and provide support through to the point of completion and credential attainment
- Report cohort success through timely submission of contractual reports at the end of each cohort.
- Experience working in Adult Education or with youth (17-29) with barriers to employment
- Familiarity with academic and career interest assessments
- Familiarity with digital literacy assessments
- Excellent written communication and presentation skills
- Strong experience preparing reports
- Friendly, enthusiastic and positive attitude
- Strong knowledge of technology including social media and other basic marketing/outreach tools
- Detail oriented with the ability to manage multiple tasks at a time
- Ability to travel (some travel may be required.)
- Prior knowledge of the TechHire initiative
- Familiarity with CASAS, WOWI and IC3
Eastern Aroostook Adult and Community Education
308 Sweden Street, Suite 2
Caribou, ME 04736