The Auburn School Committee is seeking a strong visionary leader, who demonstrates innovative and
exemplary leadership, to serve as our next Superintendent of Schools. This position offers the unique
opportunity to join a strong, highly effective team whose focus is on continuous improvement in
providing high quality educational experiences for all students. The School Committee, community
members, staff and students are looking for a highly engaged leader to join us as we enter the next
phase of building a new Edward Little High School.
Auburn, the fifth largest city in Maine, is located on the banks of the Androscoggin River and nestled
in the foothills of Western Maine. The Auburn School Department includes six Pre K-6 Elementary
Schools, one Middle School, a 9-12 High School, a 9-12 Alternative School, and a Regional
Educational Treatment Center. Current enrollment is approximately 3,600 students. Auburn Schools
proudly rank highly against national standards. We invite you to learn more about the Auburn School Department and the City of Auburn.
* Focused on Students and Learning
* Collaborative and distributive leadership
* Innovative and forward thinker
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
* Commitment to the interests of all stakeholders: students, staff, parents and community.
* Strong foundation in curriculum, instruction assessment and educational best practices.
* Knowledge of school finance and the ability to secure resources needed to support district schools and initiatives
* An understanding of the social and emotional needs of both students and staff, as well as experience in creating a climate of respect and safe schools.
An advanced graduate degree is preferred and a Master’s Degree is required
Eligibility for Maine superintendent certification (010) is required.
This position offers a regionally competitive salary and benefits package.
To Apply, Contact: MSMA
Auburn Superintendent Search
c/o Maine School Management Association
49 Community Drive
Augusta, ME 04330