LONG-TERM SUBSTITUTE MIDDLE SCHOOL STEM FACULTY:
HCA is seeking a long-term substitute Middle School STEM teacher for January-June 2023 to join our faculty as soon as possible. This teacher will work as part of an interdisciplinary team, with a primary focus of supporting math instruction in both workshops and long-term project-based investigations.
Faculty positions at HCA are unique: our project-based, placed-based, standards-based curriculum puts emphasis on interdisciplinary content, on cross-cutting skills, and on carefully scaffolded learning for students who approach school in a wide variety of ways. Our teaching practices are adapted from those of the Coalition of Essential Schools and Expeditionary Learning Schools.
- 1-5 years teaching/youth work experience
- Familiarity with standards-based teaching and learning
- Familiarity with working with students on the autism spectrum
- A fierce commitment to meeting the needs of all learners
- A flexible disposition and enthusiasm for being part of a small, deliberate professional learning community
- Preferred: Middle School Science and/or Math Certification
Salary and Benefits:
As a public school, HCA is committed to providing starting salaries and benefits comparable to that of our peer districts in Midcoast Maine. Substitute pay is at a daily rate.
To apply, please send the following to Angie Arndt at email@example.com as soon as possible:
- a letter of interest explaining why you are interested in and feel suited for this type of teaching-learning environment. Please describe your qualifications and experience.
- a resume that includes educational and non-educational work experience and interests.
Please be prepared to provide three references upon request.