POSITION TITLE: Educational Technician III
REPORTS TO: Teacher of Children with Disabilities
SALARY RANGE: $14.82 - $22.17 per hour
This is a 30 hour per week, academic year position with our CDS Two Rivers site in Brewer, working with preschool children with disabilities ages 3-5. Work will take place primarily at Granite Street School in Millinocket.
Permitted Performance Responsibilities
The CDS Special Education, Education Technician III will:
- Exhibit a positive professional attitude with supervisors, co-workers, students, and community.
- Maintain confidentiality of all student and employee related information.
- Meet with program supervisor on a regular basis to share information and discuss student progress.
- Review and reinforce learning previously introduced by the teacher(s).
- Assist in the preparation of classroom materials and class management functions.
- Introduce new learning, pre-planned in collaboration with the Teacher of Children With Disabilities.
- Exhibit positive language and behavior skills as a model for children and families.
- Provide input to completion and maintenance of individual observational child assessment.
- Conduct one-on-one or small groups with indirect professional supervision.
- Supervise small groups of students in community-based programs.
- Any other appropriate duties the Site Director/Supervisor deems necessary.
- Perform short-term instruction in small classes or in community-based programs with indirect supervision
- Meet with the Teacher of Children With Disabilities or appropriate contact area specialist and receive direction at least on a twice weekly basis.
- Obtain and maintain authorization as an Ed Tech III with the Maine Department of Education
- Document three years of postsecondary education or a combination equivalent to 90 hours of approved study in an educationally related field
- Successful background, criminal records, fingerprinting and reference check
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
- Working knowledge of child development, disabilities, family systems and special education methods
- Ability to interact with a wide variety of people
- Ability to provide individual and group services in a variety of settings and models
- Ability to establish an effective rapport/relationship with children and parents
- Ability to work collaboratively as a member of an early childhood team
- Ability to effectively communicate, orally and in writing
- Ability to maintain composure in stressful situations
- Ability to adapt therapy techniques to varying personalities and environments
- Ability to travel to a variety of locations to deliver services
- Ability to motivate young children
Please send resume and completed CDS Employment Application (on CDS website) to:
Amy Bragg, Site Director
CDS Two Rivers
250 State Street
Brewer, ME 04412
Veterans’ Preference: Maine law provides a preference to qualified veterans and gold star spouses by ensuring they are offered an interview. If you are a veteran or a gold star spouse and wish to take advantage of this preference, please complete our employment application. Documentation is required. For more information, visit: https://www.maine.gov/bhr/state-jobs/veterans-preference-in-job-applications.
Child Development Services serves the early intervention and special education needs of Maine's children birth to age five. We have over 350 employees, a large network of contracted providers and currently serve over 3,500 children ages 0 to 5 years.
CDS consists of 10 principal sites throughout Maine with several satellite offices.
This posting is being offered by an equal opportunity employer.