Preschool Ed Techs – Great Pay and Benefits!
CDS is opening preschool programs all over Maine. We are currently looking for bright, dedicated Educational Technicians of all levels to teach and support children ages 3-5 with disabilities, to prepare them for Kindergarten and beyond!
We have full-time, academic year positions available at our new CDS Circle of Learning preschool in Brunswick.
Ed Tech I $13.84 - 18.57
Ed Tech II $14.21 - $20.42
Ed Tech III $14.82 - $22.17
Some benefits of CDS employment:
- Maine State Employee Medical coverage
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life and Disability Insurance
- 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan
- $250 per year Professional Development Stipend
- Maine State Employee Living Resources Program (Employee Assistance)
- Qualifying employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) Program.
- Work/Life Balance
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick Time
- Paid Holidays
- Bereavement Leave
- Great coworkers, and the satisfaction of helping kiddos who really need you!
The Educational Technician will provide instruction to children identified with developmental disabilities under the direction of a teacher. Experience working with preschool populations and working with a multidisciplinary team is preferred. A current Ed Tech certification and a criminal history check are required.
RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to
- Supervise small groups of students in center-based programs.
- Conduct one-on-one or small groups with indirect professional supervision.
- Introduce new learning, pre-planned in collaboration with the Preschool Teacher of Children with Disabilities/Case Manager.
- Review and reinforce learning previously introduced by the teacher(s).
- Assist in the preparation of classroom materials and class management functions.
- Exhibit positive language and behavior skills as a model for children and families.
- Provide input to completion and maintenance of individual observational child assessment.
- Maintain confidentiality of all student and employee related information.
- Obtain and maintain authorization as an Educational Technician with the Maine Department of Education
- Successful background, criminal records, fingerprinting and reference check
Please send resume and completed CDS Employment Application (on CDS website) to:
Heather Henderson, Preschool Program Director
CDS Circle of Learning
322 West Gray Road
Gray, ME 04039
Veterans’ Preference: Maine law provides a preference to qualified veterans and gold star spouses by ensuring they are offered an interview. If you are a veteran or a gold star spouse and wish to take advantage of this preference, please complete our employment application. Documentation is required. For more information, visit: https://www.maine.gov/bhr/state-jobs/veterans-preference-in-job-applications.
Child Development Services serves the early intervention and special education needs of Maine's children birth to age five. We have over 350 employees, a large network of contracted providers and currently serve over 3,500 children ages 0 to 5 years.
CDS consist of 10 principal sites throughout Maine with several satellite offices.
This posting is being offered by an equal opportunity employer.