SCHOOL BUS DRIVER – PART TIME
Under the Direction of the Director of Plant & Facilities/Director of Transportation, the School Bus Driver will perform duties of Bus Driving in accordance with all DOT and Vehicle Safety Regulations. The Bus Driver will have a regular daily route to transport Day Students.
- Minimum of a High School Education
- Must Possess a CDL with a School Bus Driving Endorsement
- Must Complete a Bus Drivers Physical, DOT Physical,and will be subject to random Alcohol and Drug Testing
- Must Complete a Criminal Background Check and a DOT Pre-Employment Background Screening
- Bus Runs will take place daily, Monday – Friday, from 6:30 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. – approximate times totaling 20 – 25 hours per week.
- Flexible work schedules may be available - please inquire
- 2 pick-up/drop off locations in Waterville and Augusta – no street stops
- Small number of high school students (12 – 15)
Pay and Benefits:
- Competitive hourly rate of pay
- Health Insurance - year round
Kents Hill School is one of the oldest co-ed boarding schools in the country, located on 400 beautiful acres in Maine. We bring boarding and day students together from diverse ethnicities, national origins, cognitive abilities, religions, and socioeconomic classes to engage in self-discovery and growth, both in and out of the classroom. Diversity, equity, and belonging are integral to our community as we actively strive to be an anti-racist school through consistent and ongoing learning for all. Our students are surrounded by a caring faculty and staff who make it their work to truly know each student and, because of that, create personalized transformational experiences. Student-centered inquiry sits at the core of the academic curriculum, which merges the four dimensions of learning (knowledge, skills, character, and reflection) with PBL (project-based learning) to balance academic rigor with strong support. Students also have the opportunity to explore their passions in athletics and the arts.
Please send a letter of interest and resume to HR@kentshill.org
Kents Hill School is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.