POSITION TITLE: Educational Technician III
REPORTS TO: Teacher of Children with Disabilities
SALARY RANGE: $15.19 - $22.57 per hour
We have several openings for Educational Technicians at our CDS Midcoast site in Rockland. Local travel may be required. Work will take place in the CDS Preschool program in Rockland, and at other preschools in the Rockland area. Experience working with preschool-aged children preferred and working with a multidisciplinary team is preferred. A current Ed Tech III certification and Criminal History Records Check are required.
These are 30 per week, academic year positions.
Permitted Performance Responsibilities
The CDS Special Education, Education Technician III will:
- Exhibit a positive professional attitude with supervisors, co-workers, students, and community.
- Maintain confidentiality of all student and employee related information.
- Meet with program supervisor on a regular basis to share information and discuss student progress.
- Review and reinforce learning previously introduced by the teacher(s).
- Assist in the preparation of classroom materials and class management functions.
- Introduce new learning, pre-planned in collaboration with the Teacher of Children With Disabilities.
- Exhibit positive language and behavior skills as a model for children and families.
- Provide input to completion and maintenance of individual observational child assessment.
- Conduct one-on-one or small groups with indirect professional supervision.
- Supervise small groups of students in community-based programs.
- Any other appropriate duties the Site Director/Supervisor deems necessary.
- Perform short-term instruction in small classes or in community-based programs with indirect supervision
- Meet with the Teacher of Children With Disabilities or appropriate contact area specialist and receive direction at least on a twice weekly basis.
- Obtain and maintain authorization as an Ed Tech III with the Maine Department of Education
- Document three years of postsecondary education or a combination equivalent to 90 hours of approved study in an educationally related field
- Successful background, criminal records, fingerprinting and reference check
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
- Working knowledge of child development, disabilities, family systems and special education methods
- Ability to interact with a wide variety of people
- Ability to provide individual and group services in a variety of settings and models
- Ability to establish an effective rapport/relationship with children and parents
- Ability to work collaboratively as a member of an early childhood team
- Ability to effectively communicate, orally and in writing
- Ability to maintain composure in stressful situations
- Ability to adapt therapy techniques to varying personalities and environments
- Ability to travel to a variety of locations to deliver services
- Experience with preschool aged children preferred
- Ability to motivate young children
Please send resume and completed CDS Employment Application (on CDS website) to:
Gail Page, Site DirectorCDS Midcoast
91 Camden Street #108
Rockland, ME 04841
Veterans’ Preference: Maine law provides a preference to qualified veterans and gold star spouses by ensuring they are offered an interview. If you are a veteran or a gold star spouse and wish to take advantage of this preference, please complete our employment application. Documentation is required. For more information, visit: https://www.maine.gov/bhr/state-jobs/veterans-preference-in-job-applications.
Child Development Services serves the early intervention and special education needs of Maine's children birth to age five. We have over 350 employees, a large network of contracted providers and currently serve over 3,500 children ages 0 to 5 years.
CDS consists of 10 principal sites throughout Maine with several satellite offices.
This posting is being offered by an equal opportunity employer.