For over 27 years, Sandcastle has supported clients and families in Androscoggin county through the delivery of fully integrated educational and therapeutic services at their site in Lewiston. Sandcastle offers pre-school education, mental health, speech-language pathology, physical therapy and occupational therapy; creating an easy access, all-in-one location for necessary care. With a focus on a family centered delivery, a multi-disciplinary team approach and the utilization of a child’s natural environment, Sandcastle’s driving purpose is that all individuals, of all abilities and ages, thrive throughout childhood and enjoy adulthood filled with meaningful learning, engagement, and improved health.
As a contributing member to the team, the Speech-Language Pathologist will work closely with teachers, Psychologists, Physical Therapists and Occupational Therapists to help support students in our classrooms; as well as in our outpatient clinical setting. A staff Speech-Language Pathologist is responsible for completion of evaluations and ongoing therapy, followed by timely documentation. Experience working with children is preferred.
Sandcastle offers a welcoming and supportive environment, a competitive compensation package, benefits as shown below, flexible scheduling, and relocation expenses for joining our team from out of state. Sandcastle, located in Lewiston, is nestled in the heart of central Maine. Our region offers exceptional quality of life assets such as: rivers, lakes and a 45 minute drive to the ocean; mountains; trails for walking, skiing, hiking, biking, ATV rides and more; great paddling; community theaters, art galleries; fine and casual dining and Freeport, the home of L.L. Bean, is only 20 minutes away.
- Agency open Monday through Friday - no nights or weekends!
- Choice between multiple medical insurance options, with a sizeable portion of premium covered by employer
- Group rates for voluntary benefits including Short Term Disability, Life, and Dental
- Accrued Paid Time Off and 12 paid holidays
- Annual stipend for Continuing Education
- Tuition discount for staff children attending our preschool (children ages 3-5; as long as space is available)
- 403b retirement plan with employer match - immediately vested!
- Non-profit agency qualifying federal student loan holders for Public Service Loan Forgiveness
- Discounts for a variety of classes offered through Maine's Community College system through the Campus Compact (available through 2025)
- Weekly access to a Life and Financial Navigator through Community Credit Union, offering on site assistance for things such as financial planning, housing assistance, child care ,and health and wellness resources.
Current Maine State Speech-Language Pathology license or ability to obtain a full or temporary State of Maine license to practice.