Educational Technicians - Great Pay and Benefits!
We are currently looking for qualified, dedicated Educational Technicians III to teach and support preschool children with disabilities, to prepare them for Kindergarten and beyond!
We have full- and part-time, calendar and academic year positions with our CDS First Step site in Lewiston and CDS Opportunities site in Oxford. Travel may be required. There are positions available in Part C Early Intervention, working with infants and toddlers ages birth to two, and their families. These may involve home-based services. We also have Part B Early Childhood Special Ed positions helping children ages 3-5 in preschool and childcare settings.
We have positions available working in:
Contact us today!
Ed Tech III $15.19 - $22.57
Benefits of CDS employment:
- Maine State Employee Medical coverage
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life and Disability Insurance
- 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan
- $250 per year Professional Development Stipend
- Maine State Employee Living Resources Program (Employee Assistance)
- Qualifying employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) Program.
- Work/Life Balance
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick Time
- Paid Holidays
- Great coworkers, and the satisfaction of helping kiddos who really need you!
The Educational Technician will provide instruction to children identified with developmental disabilities under the direction of a teacher. Experience working with preschool populations and working with a multidisciplinary team is preferred. A current Ed Tech certification and a criminal history check are required.
RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to
- Supervise small groups of students in center-based programs.
- Conduct one-on-one or small groups with indirect professional supervision.
- Introduce new learning, pre-planned in collaboration with the Preschool Teacher of Children with Disabilities/Case Manager.
- Review and reinforce learning previously introduced by the teacher(s).
- Assist in the preparation of classroom materials and class management functions.
- Exhibit positive language and behavior skills as a model for children and families.
- Provide input to completion and maintenance of individual observational child assessment.
- Maintain confidentiality of all student and employee related information.
- Obtain and maintain authorization as an Educational Technician with the Maine Department of Education
- Successful background, criminal records, fingerprinting and reference check
Please send resume and completed CDS Employment Application (on CDS website) to:
Dan Hemdal, Site DirectorCDS First Step
5 Gendron Drive, Suite 1
Lewiston, ME 04240
Veterans’ Preference: Maine law provides a preference to qualified veterans and gold star spouses by ensuring they are offered an interview. If you are a veteran or a gold star spouse and wish to take advantage of this preference, please complete our employment application. Documentation is required. For more information, visit: https://www.maine.gov/bhr/state-jobs/veterans-preference-in-job-applications.
Child Development Services serves the early intervention and special education needs of Maine's children birth to age five. We have over 350 employees, a large network of contracted providers and currently serve over 3,500 children ages 0 to 5 years.
CDS consist of 10 principal sites throughout Maine with several satellite offices.
This posting is being offered by an equal opportunity employer.