Full Time Chemistry/Biology Instructor
Application Posting Date: Wednesday, February 7, 2024
Application Closing Date: Until suitable candidate is found
The Maine School of Science & Mathematics invites applications for a full-time Chemistry/Biology Instructor to begin in August, 2024.
- Teach two sections of lab-based Chemistry (typical high school level), and one section of lab-based Biology (equivalent to AP level);
- Design and teach a two-week January-Term course (instructor’s choice of topics);
- Serve as an advisor to a small group of students (typically 10), acting as the primary point of contact between advisees’ parents and the school;
- Act as an advisor/mentor to one student club or organization;
- Participate fully in MSSM's living/learning community by attending campus events, offering office hours, attending meetings, and being available to meet the needs of our students and community.
- A minimum of a Master's Degree in Chemistry, Biology, or a related field;
- “Doing science” is a critical part of MSSM science offerings, and the successful candidate should have at least three years of successful lab-based Chemistry and/or Biology teaching experience at the secondary and/or post-secondary level;
- The ability to offer a rigorous, but supportive, classroom experience;
- Creative and cutting edge, with the ability to inspire students;
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, and a willingness and desire to work with inquisitive and quirky high school students in a close-knit, residential community.
If you are interested in the above position and meet the eligibility requirements,
please complete and return an MSSM application for employment https://www.mssm.org/about-mssm/employment-opportunities/teaching-application
a cover letter, CV/resume, transcript and three letters of recommendation
to firstname.lastname@example.org or via fax at 325-3340 attention: Tracy Moore
MSSM is an Equal Opportunity Employer