Hilltop School is seeking a dynamic individual committed to the early childhood profession for the position of Curriculum Coordinator. The Curriuclum Coordinator will work in consultation with the head teachers, under the direct supervision of the Executive Director to provide a high-quality early care and education program that incorporates a developmentally appropriate curriculum and meets the needs of a diverse group of learners. The Curriculum Coordinator will also administer the facility in compliance with childcare licensing rules in the absence of the Executive Director.
This is a full time, benefits eligible, year round position.
Paid Time Off
Childcare tuition discount for immediate family
Retirement plan (After 2 years of employment)
- Applicant must hold a minimum of a level 5 on the Maine Roads to Quality Career Lattice.
- A./B.S. w/12 credits in ECE and 2 years of experience
- A./A.S. in ECE and 2 years of experience
- CDA and at least 5 years of experience
- At least twenty-one years of age
Additional knowledge skills, and experience required:
- First aid and CPR certification or willingness to obtain
- Member of the Maine Roads to Quality Registry
- Sucessful completion of ELDS training or willingness to obtain
- Sucessful completion of a minimum of 40 workshop hours per fiscal year (August 31st through September 1st) for all full time employees.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in an early childhood setting with curriculum development responsibilities.
- 2 years of supervisory experience preferred.
- Strong understanding of child development.
- Ability to work well with others and foster a team environment.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Prior experience/proficiency with Microsoft Office Applications such as Word, Excel and QuickBooks.
- Sitting, standing, stooping, reaching, bending, walking, stretching, grasping, repetitive motions.
- May be subject to sitting for long periods of time.
- Visual acuity to include color, depth perception, and field of vision with or without correction.
- Light lifting (up to 50 lbs. occasionally or up to 10 lbs. frequently)
- Sufficient auditory function to hear phones, pages, instrument or alarm panels.
- Must be able to communicate verbally with others to include phone or radio equipment.
- Must be able to climb stairs to access all areas of the building.
For more information about our program visit http://www.bangorhilltopschool.com