- Degree in technology or equivalent training and experience (CHRC required).
- Some teaching experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of technology in schools.
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills along with a high degree of creativity
REPORTS TO: JVS Administration and the AOS 93 Technology Director
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE: Supports teachers and students in the development of new technology skills and knowledge to enhance student learning. Provides various modalities of professional development. Works in collaboration with teachers to support student learning.
- Enrich/support teaching and learning while strengthening the technology skills of
students, teachers, and staff.
- Strive to engage all staff in utilizing technology resources allocated to maximize their
positive impact on teaching and learning.
- Serve as a technology resource person.
- Provide instruction on computer uses and programs for students and school staff.
- Work collaboratively with teachers to help students become technologically literate.
- Bring the advantages of technology to every student/staff in their curriculum and content
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with students, staff, parents, and community stakeholders
- Maintain current and future school devices and technology infrastructure.
- Assist and implement a digital citizenship integration plan.
- Implement differentiated instructional techniques and strategies for faculty and students.
- Develop, provide, and implement technology-related staff development activities and training.
- Review and recommend technology based professional development opportunities.
- Increase depth of knowledge and understanding of technology tools available in the district.
- Perform ongoing evaluation of the effectiveness of instructional technology.
- Assist and implement a district technology integration plan.
- Identify and implement trends/software in educational technology.
- Collaborate with faculty in developing a 1:1 learning environment.
- Provide direct support to teachers to implement technology into the curriculum.
- Assist in the formation of a district technology plan.
- Provide instruction and support to faculty in the use of Powerschool/PowerTeacher.
- Enhance technology resources that can be easily accessed by faculty, digitally or physically.
- Send weekly announcements containing tips and updates.
- Oversee makerspaces.
- Participate in building based technology committees and leadership teams.
- Update and maintain school websites.
- Collaborate with Technology Integrators and Technology Team members.
- Consult with the Director of Technology
LEGAL AND ETHICAL DUTIES:
- Maintains confidentiality about all aspects of student performance and written and oral
- Demonstrates a respect for the legal and human rights of students, staff, and parents.
- Follows health and safety procedures established by the Region.
- Arrives and departs punctually, notifying appropriate personnel about absences and coverage
- Demonstrates loyalty, dependability, integrity, and other ethical standards.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Salary and work year to be established by Administration and the Jefferson Village School Committee
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated annually in accordance with this
document by the Superintendent of Schools or designee in accordance with provisions of School Board policies.
SALARY AND BENEFITS: As established by the Superintendent
Send application materials to:
Jefferson Village School
Laura Mewa- Assistant Principal
48 Washington Rd.
Jefferson, ME 04348
This job description is not intended to limit or modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his/her supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of a similar kind or level of difficulty.