Job Title: Varsity Field Hockey Head Coach 2024
Date Available: Immediately
Application Deadline: Until suitable candidate is found.
- Previous experience playing and/or coaching field hockey at or above the high school level.
- First Aid & CPR certification.
- Maine Department of Education valid fingerprinting and CHRC approval.
- NFHS Fundamentals of Coaching Principles Certification
- NFHS Heat Illness Prevention Certification
- NFHS Concussion in Sport Certification
- NFHS Sudden Cardiac Arrest Certification
- NFHS Protecting Students from Abuse
- Other certification and trainings may be deemed necessary by the Department, Board or Maine Principals Association Reports to: The Athletic Administrator and the department of athletics who provides overall objectives, direction, and final evaluation.
- To instruct athletes in the fundamental skills, strategy and physical training necessary for them to realize a degree of individual and team success. At the same time, the student shall receive instruction that will lead to the formulation of moral values, pride of accomplishment, acceptable social behavior, self-discipline and self-confidence.
- Ensure and provide the safest possible competitive & educational environment for all student athletes involved.
- In conjunction with the Athletic Director and Department of Athletics manage a staff of assistants, First Team & JV level coaches.
1. Help Boosters develop budget and fundraising plans
2. Direct contact for booster group
3. Attend and help schedule all booster meetings
4. Make sure booster group is abiding by all rules within the booster handbook
5. Abide by the Scarborough High School Athletic Departments Coaches Handbook
6. Follow and implement all rules and policies within the state, school & athletic handbooks
7. Ensure all players are properly equipped at all times
8. Equipment inventory & management
9. Communicate travel arrangement & schedule with Athletic Department staff
10. Implement school athletic code of conduct
11. Make sure roster and students complies with AD’s office
12. Ensure athletic participation fee payment by athletes in conjunction with AD’s office
13. Distribute team rosters, contest schedules and descriptions of contest locations to all players and parents
14. Properly communicate with students and parents
15. Monitor athlete attendance/behavior/academic status as communicated by the athletic department
16. Determine and communicate team awards w/ athletic department
17. Hold end of season awards banquet
18. Attend all league coaches meetings
19. Communicate regular season & playoff rosters with Athletic department
20. Communicate all student-athlete injuries to the Athletic Trainer and/or athletic office
21. Attend all school Athletic Department meetings as assigned by the Athletic Director
22. All others as assigned by the Director of Athletics and the Athletic Department
Maine State Law requires ALL school employees to be fingerprinted and pass a Criminal History Record Check (CHRC). A copy of your CHRC MUST be uploaded as part of your application to be considered. For more information about Maine’s Criminal History Record Check (CHRC) requirements, please see the Maine Department of Education website at http://maine.gov/doe/cert/fingerprinting/index.html
Application Instructions: Scarborough Public Schools does not accept paper applications or supporting materials. All applications and supporting materials are to be completed via Applitrack at www.applitrack.com/scarborough/onlineapp
About Scarborough Public Schools
Located on the scenic coast of Southern Maine, six miles southwest of Portland, Scarborough Public Schools provide services to students from kindergarten to adult education practicing its philosophy of offering quality education for all eligible members of the community. Students learn in a positive atmosphere where dedicated educators strive to meet individual student needs throughout the school year and beyond.
For more information on Scarborough Public Schools, please see our website at www.scarboroughschools.org